In the Echo’s Spring 2015 issue, we misquoted Winston Von Engel, the head of the Brooklyn office of the Department
of City Planning, regarding 13-story buildings in Crown Heights. New zoning codes that the DCP, City Council and the local community board there approved now prevent – not allow – 13-story buildings on blocks dominated by four-story brownstones. But the new zoning does permit a modest increase in density (or height) for affordable housing along Franklin and Bedford Avenues and on Eastern Parkway. The Echo regrets misquoting him.
In the story about feral cats in the neighborhood, the actual capturing date for the ferals is Saturday, April 25th. The ASPCA will pick them up Tuesday morning, April 28th, and return them to the neighborhood later that day.
The Spring 2015 issue of the Lefferts Manor Echo newsletter is available now for downloading.
This issue covers local zoning issues, The Lefferts Food Coop, new local merchants, and stories on PLG residents. Copies will be available at local retailers.
The Lefferts Manor Association will be having its Fall Meeting on November 1st at 10am.
Saturday, November 1
Church of the Evangel
1950 Bedford Avenue between Hawthorne & Winthrop
- Find out what we’ve been up to and what’s been going on in our neighborhood!
- Meet our elected officials.
- Learn about the upcoming “shop local” initiatives proposed and supported by the new Flatbush Merchant’s Association and Community Board 9.
- See and hear about landscaping plans for the plaza in fromt of the Parkside subway station and learn how you can help out.
- And of course, our local 71st Precinct will be there to tell us and and answer questions about the latest goings on in our neighborhood.
Join your neighbors for coffee, bagels, and donuts.
This year’s Halloween Safe Walk will start at 5:30pm on Friday October 31st at the corner of Flatbush and Rutland Road.
Route: proceed on Rutland Road to Rogers Avenue, left at Rogers Avenue to Midwood Street, left on Midwood Street to Bedford Avenue, right on Bedford Avenue to Maple Street, right on Maple Street to New York Avenue, left on New York Avenue to Empire Boulevard to the 71 Precinct.
The Autumn 2014 issue of the Lefferts Manor Echo newsletter is available now for downloading.
This issue covers the changes in local housing prices, the revitalized PLG dining scene, the arts scene in PLG, and stories on PLG residents. Copies will be available at local retailers.