PLG Arts is launching a membership drive this Friday, November 22nd from 7-9 PM with a cocktail party at the Inkwell Cafe (408 Rogers Avenue, between Sterling and Lefferts).
Some PLG Arts accomplishments:
- Art exhibitions at the Tugboat Tea Company coffee shop
- Jazz at the Inkwell (twice-a-month music series)
- PLG Arts Theater Program
- Mural near the Q train and on Flatbush Ave (beautification of construction site by local artists
- Mural on Fenimore Street off Flatbush, etc. (filling in the blank spots with creativity!)
- Neighborhood Group Art Show 2011 (over 3,000 attended in just 2 weeks)
Meet current and new members, and learn more about PLG Arts goals, activities, and history.
As a Member you will help create new arts events and programs for our community. You will also receive the following membership benefits.
- Be among the first to know about PLG Arts events
- Enjoy “Dinner with the Artist” events/li>
- Receive discounts from local merchants who also support PLG Arts/li>
- Platinum Membership provides free access to PLG Arts events for a year/li>
- Artist Memberships and Institutional/Corporate Memberships also available/li>
Please RSVP to Grahame@plgarts.com.
The Lefferts Manor Association will be having its Fall Meeting on November 2nd at 10am.
Saturday, November 2
Church of the Evangel
1950 Bedford Avenue between Hawthorne & Winthrop
This year’s Halloween Safe Walk will start at 5:30pm on Thursday October 31st at the corner of Flatbush and Rutland Road.
Route: Proceed on Rutland Road to Rogers Avenue. Turn left on Rogers Avenue to Midwood Street. Proceed on Midwood Street to Bedford Avenue, then turn Right to Maple Street. Proceed on Maple Street to New York Avenue. Turn Left on New York Avenue to Empire Blvd. Finish at the 71st Precinct Station House.
Sterling Street between Washington and Bedford is the winner of the 2013 Greenest Block in Brooklyn Contest. Another win for PLG in this contest. Last year Lincoln II won the contest. Two other PLG blocks received Honorable Mention awards in the contest: Lefferts Avenue between Rogers and Nostrand and Maple II. Congratulations to all. It is a privilege to stroll down your beautiful blocks.
Photo via Brooklyn Botanic Garden.
On Tuesday, August 6th neighborhoods across the country will rally to celebrate The National Night Out Against Crime.
This year the 71st Precinct will hold the festivities for PLG on Lefferts Avenue between Rogers and Nostrand from 4pm until 8pm. There will be free kosher and non-kosher food and beverages, and rides for all. In the past these events have been a lot of fun for Prospect Lefferts Gardens residents and children.
UNITY + DIVERSITY = ONE COMMUNITY
FOR INFORMATION PLEASE CONTACT
OR P.O. TAYLOR